At last, what we have been waiting for, it’s rather simple…
** TO RESET TONER **
This will make your printer believe it has a brand new toner. Once it says toner low, you can reset it and just print until it runs dry, instead of replacing the toner when you still have 500 prints left.
1) Get to the home screen, if you are stuck at the “Toner Low” or “Replace Toner” message, just press the red X
2) Press the FAX button on the touch screen. This is ONLY to light up the numbers so you can….
3) LOCATE and only locate, don’t press, the * (asterisk) button. You know where it is now, somewhere to the right of the Red X button
4) Press the glowing home button to get home.
5) Open the top as if you were going to change the toner, but don’t remove any toner
6) With the top open, press and hold the now UNLIT * (asterisk) button for at least 5 seconds
7) While KEEPING the lid open, the toner reset menu will show on the screen
8) Reset your “low” or “empty” toner by pressing the color and type to reset, all with the lid open
9) close the lid and wait about 40 seconds per toner that was reset (ie. 80 seconds if you reset 2, 120 seconds if you reset 3)
cstd = cyan Standard, cstr = cyan starter, and one other for high yield, etc… Just reset to whatever type you have installed.
Boom you’ve just resat your toners.